Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How Can I Get My Blog / Website Into The Search Engines?

I was looking at yet another post from someone who wanted to know why their blog wasn't on Google's search engine results.

First of all their blog could have been in the search engine results but just at a lower ranking. This begs the question of just how many pages of search engine results did this person go through to find their blog?

Basically speaking you can't say that your site or blog is not in the search engine results unless you go through every page of search results.

Secondly this person was using a search term that brings back 26 Million "hits"! Now I ask you how can a person who has had a blog for less than a month expect their blog to show up in the most popular search engine there is - Google's search engine - and expect to show up on page one of the search engine results?

I have had some of my blog posts show up on the search engines in as little as 24 hours BUT the blog itself is more than a few months old.

What people have to realize is that just because you have a website or blog doesn't mean that it is automatically going to show up on the search engines. Lots of the main search engines have a link where you can add your site manually. I recommend that you do this but let me warn you that these search engine sites will tell you that it may take them some time to "manually" get to your site. So you don't want to just depend on submitting your site manually!

Basically speaking if you want your site to show in the top rankings of the search engines then you are going to have to do some work! As of July 9, 2008, I checked to see where my Adsense Consultant blog was ranking in Google's search engine. Currently my Adsense Consultant blog is ranked #2! What's more there are other links to my Adsense Consultant blog on page one as well! And you should also know that there are over 1 Million "hits" for the term "adsense consultant!

I think that this is a very good search engine optimization accomplishment for my Adsense Consultant blog


My search engine rankings "see-saw" all the time. I think like yesterday my Adsense Consultant blog ranked something like #4!

How did I manage to get my blog on the first page of Google's search engine? I worked at it - Ironically since I did some search engine optimization on my Adsense Consultant blog, I haven't had to do much else to keep my page 1 search engine rankings. Basically the search engine optimization tactics that I used was to simply try and "out-optimize" the sites that were being listed in the search engines ahead of my very own blog!

These kind of SEO tactics involve a lot of analyzing - especially when you are talking about analyzing the sites of one's competitor so that YOUR site will appear above your own competitor's site in the search engine rankings.

Just because you "build a site" "The will not come" automatically!

You have to optimize your site for the search engines before the search engines can even begin to find your site!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home