Sunday, June 15, 2008

"How Can I Get My Site Into The Search Engines?"

This questions keeps on being asked ALL the time! I wouldn't have even mentioned it now but I'm on a message board that is related to SEO help.

This question keeps being asked over and over again and what people have to realize is that there is quite a lot of work involved as far as getting one's site to show up in the search engines.

I am also an Adsense Consultant and that blog is listed on page one of Google's search engine results for the term "adsense consultant. (as of today, June 15th, a link to 3 of my sites shows up on page one of Google's search engine for the term "adsense consultant").

Getting one's site to show in the top page rankings on Google and/or the other major search engines is going to require a lot of work on your part! and even then you have to constantly keep working at it because new sites are being added to the Internet every day - which means that every day YOUR site has the potential to get bumped down the line of search engine results!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you've achieved a high ranking in Google, however your advice leaves something to be desired. I found that you just repeated yourself by saying "it's going to take a lot of work." No concrete suggestions were given besides checking to see where you rank. Then what? I read your other blogs as well, and they all say the same thing.

June 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

I have been over this blog and the main crux of the advice that I have written has been about Content!

How are you ever going to begin to optimize your blog if you don't know where your blog ranks (or if it ranks at all!) in the first place if you don't check and see where you are ranking now?

My advice has always been to first decide what keywords / search terms you want your site to be associated with and then check where you rank and if you don't like where your site is ranking then you have to work harder at incorporating those search terms within the content of your site.

What is so hard to understand about that?

June 17, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home